The following gives details on our cleaning plans and general plans for class drop off and pickup. Different venues may have different detailed procedures, these will be issued to you at the time of booking for a particular venue.
- Staff will clean tables, chairs, door frames and door handles of our room on arrival.
- All boxes will be removed from the travel cases and wiped down with disinfectant solution before being placed on tables.
- All extra equipment that exists outside the boxes (battery packs, instruction cards etc) will also be wiped down before being placed on a table
- All of the above will be wiped down again between classes.
Class procedures will change slightly.
- Where safe to do so children will be dropped off and picked up from a central area such as outside the building or in another open space. All adults must social distance within this space. Specific information for each venue will be issued before the start of the classes.
- All staff will be wearing a face covering (unless exempt by government guidelines)
- No social distancing will be needed between the children, however where possible we will make maximum use of the space we have and spread the children out.
- The class will be divided into 2 groups and allocated between the staff in the room. Staff will be aiming to keep their distance from the children as much as possible, however we will of course be helping them with their models and continuing to support them.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in our classes. Staff will use it before touching any model.
- Children who need to go to the toilet during class will be asked to use hand sanitiser on re-entering the room. Please advise us if this might be an issue for your child.
- Children are welcome to wear face coverings if they wish
- Parents/carers will not be allowed into the room. We have previously allowed parents to sit with younger children to help them settled, unfortunately this will no longer be permitted.
- Staff will have the right to refuse entry to a child that they are concerned is exhibiting corona virus symptoms.
Actions in case of infection
We have identified 3 scenarios around Covid Infection
Scenario 1: A child attending young engineers tests positive for Covid.
- Parents of all other children in that class informed. Parents will be expected to follow Scottish Government Guidelines around self isolation and testing as defined here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-test-and-protect/
- Venue Manager will be informed.
- The next schedule class will be cancelled. For example if the affected child attended a 10am class on a Sunday morning then the 10am class the following Sunday will be cancelled and class fee refunded. This is to encourage all those families who had been in contact with the child to remain isolated in accordance with government guidelines.
- The teacher and assistant of the class will also go into isolation. This may impact our ability to run other classes in the following 10 days. We would communicate any changes to all families in advance of their class. Per our terms and conditions, if Young Engineers cancels a class all families are entitled to a credit note or refund.
- Parents of children who attended other Young Engineers classes at the venue on the same day will be informed.
Scenario 2: A child attending young engineers informs us that they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid.
- The child should be isolated in accordance with government guidance. This will require them to miss the following class. The child can attend another venue after isolation has been completed and subject to availability at that venue.
- Parents of children who attended Young Engineers classes at the venue on the same day at the will be informed.
- Venue Manager will be informed.
Scenario 3: A member of Young Engineers staff has tested positive for Covid-19
- All families whose children have attended a class operated by that member of staff within the previous 2 weeks will be informed.
- Families are advised to follow Scottish Government Guidelines around self- isolation and testing as defined here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-test-and-protect/
- All children impacted will not be able to attend a Young Engineers class for 10 days from the point of them coming into contact with the staff member. This may result in cancelled classes in which case Young Engineers will offer a refund or credit note.
- Any other Young Engineers staff member who has come into contact with the affected staff member will go into isolation per government guidelines. This may result in classes being cancelled in which case Young Engineers will offer a refund or credit note.