Bricks Challenge Camps for 6 to 9
Bricks Challenge camps will run for 4 weeks over the summer.
Bricks Challenge Camps are for children who have completed P1 through to those at the end of P4. Each day mixes experiments, LEGO building and a final take home activity all while learning about a range of STEM concepts such as probability, energy and structures.
Venues & Times
Full day camps: 9.30am to 3.30pm daily
Attendees can arrive from 9.15am and play with our big piles of LEGO, there will be no structured activities until 9.30am.
Pickup is 3.30pm prompt. We do not offer a late pickup.
Our dates and venues for full day camps 2021 are as follows:
- July 5th to 9th – Cramond Kirk Halls, EH4 6NS
- July 12th to 16th – Polwarth Parish Church, 36-38 Polwarth Terrace, Edinburgh, EH11 1LU
- July 19th to 23rd – Edinburgh Academy Senior School
- July 26th to 31st – Juniper Green/Currie 31st Pentland Scout Hall
- August 2nd to 6th – Edinburgh Academy Senior School & St Leonards Church Hall Lasswade
Full Day: £185 per person per week
**Day Bookings at Cramond and Polwarth are now available priced at £42.50pppd
Frequently Asked Camp Questions
1. My 4 year old loves LEGO® can they come along to camp?
Our camps are about learning while playing with LEGO®. Our activities are tailored to children who have completed at least one year of school, therefore we cannot accept children unless they have completed their P1 year.
2. How many hours of LEGO® building are included in a Young Engineers camp?
This is somewhat dependent on each group of children, however all camps include two structured builds plus time for free play where children invent their own builds. We expect a minimum of 4 to 4.5 hours of camp will involve LEGO® building. The rest of the time is made up with experiments and take home activities
3. My child would attend on their own, does everyone else come with a friend?
Camps include a mixture of children who attend with friends and those that come alone. Every day starts with ice-breaker games which are a way to get to know the other people in the group. Staff will encourage different groupings and games each day to ensure everyone is included.
4. Do you go outside?
Yes! All of our venues include outside space. We are outside for at least 45 minutes at lunchtime and provide outdoor games for the children to use during their break. Some of our messier experiments are also done outside.
Camp & COVID
All government guidance will be adhered to throughout camp. We ancipate Scotland being in level 0 with a requirement for good hygeine practices but no social distancing or bubbling.